SHARE

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

இஸ்ரேல் காவல் படை நையப்புடைத்த பாலஸ்தீனச் சிறுவன்

Tariq Abu Khdeir (15)
Jerusalem court releases Tariq Abu Khdeir on bail; Tampa teen remembers little of incident.
Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 1.20.41 PM

A Jerusalem court released US-Palestinian teen Tariq Abu Khdeir on bail Sunday morning. Khdeir, whose cousin was brutally murdered last week, told reporters he vaguely remembered the vicious beating he received. “I was attacked by police. I woke up in the hospital.” Khdeir, suspected of throwing Molotov cocktails and rocks and of injuring an officer, was detained last Thursday. A video clip circulated on the Internet on Saturday showed two Israeli border police holding down and repeatedly pummeling a masked youth before carrying him away.

“I remember standing and watching the group of people. They came from the side of me and I tried to run away,” he told reporters.

The family of Khdeir, from Tampa, Florida, who was visiting relatives in East Jerusalem, says he was the target of the punches, although the footage is blurred and the victim cannot be identified as he appears also to be wearing a head covering.

A later part of the video shows Khdeir’s face with a heavy black eye and swollen lip. He is a cousin of Mohammed Abu Khdeir, the youth whom Palestinians believe was abducted and murdered by far-right Israelis on Wednesday.

The Israeli Justice Ministry said in a statement that the police investigations department was looking into the incident.

Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said Khdeir was one of six rioters caught and detained in the incident, three of whom were found to be carrying knives.

State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki confirmed that Tariq Khdeir was visited by a consular officer on Saturday.
==========================

Autopsy shows Palestinian teen 'burned alive'

 Mohammed Abu Khdair

Autopsy shows Palestinian teen 'burned alive'
Victim of apparent revenge attack had head wound and burns across 90 percent of his body, Palestinian officials say.
Gregg Carlstrom Last updated: 05 Jul 2014 18:36

 Abu Khdair was buried amid clashes between Palestinian protesters and Israeli police on Friday [EPA]

Tel Aviv - An autopsy of a Palestinian teenager murdered this week in an apparent revenge attack suggests that he was burned alive, according to Palestinian officials.

The preliminary results showed that 16-year-old Mohammed Abu Khdair, who was buried by more than a thousand mourners on Friday, had a head wound and burns across 90 percent of his body, the officials said on Saturday.

Gaza residents testify about the effects Israel and Egypt's blockade of their land has had on their lives.
He was abducted from the occupied East Jerusalem neighbourhood of Shuafat early on Wednesday morning, and his charred body was found hours later in a Jerusalem forest.

"The direct cause of the death is burns [caused] by fire, and their complications," Mohammed Abdel Ghani al-Owaiwi, the Palestinian Authority attorney general, said in a statement.

The autopsy found soot in his lungs, suggesting that Abu Khdair was still alive and breathing when he was set on fire, Owaiwi said.

Micky Rosenfeld, spokesman for the Israeli police, declined to comment on the autopsy, which was conducted on Thursday at the Abu Kabir forensic institute in Tel Aviv.

A Palestinian coroner, the director of forensic medicine at Al-Quds University, took part in the inquest.

Cousin 'beaten'

Police have not officially identified a motive for the murder, but it is widely believed that Abu Khdair was killed by Israeli Jews, an act of revenge for the murder of three teenage settlers whose bodies were found on Monday.

The Hyundai sedan used to kidnap Abu Khdair was used in the attempted abduction of another Palestinian child one day earlier, Channel 10 reported this week.

 Abu Khdair's 15-year-old cousin Tariq, who was allegedly beaten in Israeli police custody

His funeral on Friday ended violently, when mourners tried to pass through a line of Israeli border police blocking the road to central Jerusalem.

They threw stones and firecrackers at the police, who responded with tear gas and rubber-coated bullets.

The Red Crescent said 73 Palestinians were hurt, and Rosenfeld said 13 officers were lightly wounded.

The clashes continued on Friday night in several East Jerusalem neighbourhoods, and also in several majority-Palestinian cities in central Israel.

In Qalansuwa, northeast of Tel Aviv, there was one report of a Jewish man dragged out of his car by masked Palestinians.

The man was unharmed, but his vehicle was torched.

Photos of Abu Khdair's 15-year-old cousin, Tariq Abu Khdair, who was allegedly beaten while in Israeli police custody, circulated on social media on Friday. Tariq, who is a US citizen, was released from custody to go to hospital, but security officers returned to the hospital to take him to a court hearing.

A growing number of videos posted on social media show assaults across the country: in one, posted on Wednesday, a passenger on a bus tries to attack a Palestinian, then assaults the soldiers who try to defend him.

Online campaigns calling for "revenge" have garnered thousands of supporters.

Friday, July 04, 2014

தர்மபுரியில் 144 தடையை மீறிய 4 கழகத் தோழர்கள் கைது!

=====================================================================


`` எமது காணியிலிருந்து இராணுவமே வெளியேறு`` கிளிநொச்சியில் மக்கள் ஆர்ப்பாட்டம்!

'மக்கள் காணியிலிருந்து இராணுவமே வெளியேறு': கிளிநொச்சியில் ஆர்ப்பாட்டம்
கடைசியாக பிரசுரிக்கப்பட்டது: 4 ஜூலை, 2014 - 15:42 ஜிஎம்டி

குரல்: ``நான் என் வீட்டுக்குப் போவதற்கு இராணுவமே நீ உன் வீட்டுக்கு போ!``
யுத்தம் முடிவடைந்து ஐந்து வருடங்களாகின்ற போதிலும், இடம்பெயர்ந்த மக்கள் மீள்குடியேற முடியாத வகையில் பொதுமக்களுக்குச் சொந்தமான காணிகளில் நிலைகொண்டுள்ள இராணுவத்தினர், அவற்றை விட்டு வெளியேற வேண்டும் எனக்கோரி கிளிநொச்சியில் வெள்ளியன்று ஆர்ப்பாட்டம் ஒன்று நடத்தப்பட்டுள்ளது.

தமிழ்த் தேசிய மக்கள் முன்னணி இதற்கான அழைப்பை விடுத்திருந்தது.

குறிப்பாக, கிளிநொச்சி நகரில் விடுதலைப்புலிகள் தமது அரசியல்துறை மற்றும் சமாதான செயலகம் உள்ளிட்ட பல முக்கிய அலுலகங்களை அமைந்திருந்த பரவிப்பாய்ஞ்சான் பகுதியில் நிலைகொண்டுள்ள இராணுவத்தினர் வெளியேற வேண்டும் என்று அந்தப் பகுதியைச் சேர்ந்த மக்கள் இந்த ஆர்ப்பாட்டத்தில் கலந்து கொண்டிருந்தனர்.

தமிழ்த் தேசியக் கூட்டமைப்பின் நாடாளுமன்ற உறுப்பினர் சரவணபவன், மாகாணசபை உறுப்பினர்கள் உள்ளிட்ட பலரும் இதில் பங்குபற்றியிருந்தனர்.
இந்த ஆர்ப்பாட்டம் குறித்து பிபிசி தமிழோசையிடம் கருத்து வெளியிட்ட தமிழ்த்தேசிய மக்கள் முன்னணியின் செயலாளர் செல்வராஜா கஜேந்திரன், 'விடுதலைப்புலிகள் நிலைகொண்டிருந்தார்கள் அல்லது பயன்படுத்தினார்கள் என்ற ஒரே காரணத்திற்காக அந்தக் காணிகளை இராணுவமோ அல்லது அரசாங்கமோ தமக்குச் சொந்தம் கொண்டாட முடியாது' என்றார்.

அந்தக் காணிகளையும் வீடுகளையும் இராணுவத்தினர் எந்தக் காரணத்தைக் கொண்டும் கையகப்படுத்தவும் முடியாது என்றும் அவர் கூறினார்.
'போராட்டக்காரர்களிடம் உறுதிப் பத்திரங்கள் இல்லை': இராணுவம்
இத்தகைய தொடர்ச்சியான ஆர்ப்பாட்டங்களின் மூலம், சர்வதேசத்தின் ஊடாக இலங்கை அரசாங்கத்திற்கு அழுத்தம் கொடுக்கும் நோக்கத்துடன், ஒரு சில வாரங்களில் இரண்டாவது தடவையாக இந்த ஆர்ப்பாட்டத்தைத் தாங்கள் ஒழுங்கு செய்து நடத்தியதாகவும் அவர் குறிப்பிட்டார்.

கடந்த மாத இறுதியிலும் இத்தகைய ஆர்ப்பாட்டம் ஒன்று இதேபோன்று கிளிநொச்சி அரச செயலகத்திற்கு எதிரில் நடத்தப்பட்டிருந்தமை குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

அந்த ஆர்ப்பாட்டம் தொடர்பில் கருத்து தெரிவித்திருந்த இலங்கை இராணுவப் பேச்சாளர் பிரிகேடியர் ருவன் வணிகசூரிய, குறித்த காணிகளுக்கு உரிமை கோருகின்றவர்களிடம் காணி உறுதிப் பத்திரங்கள் இல்லை என்று பிபிசி தமிழோசையிடம் கூறியிருந்தார்.

'விடுதலைப் புலிகள் தமது தலைமைப் பிரதேசமாகப் பயன்படுத்திவந்த காணியையே இப்போது இவர்கள் கேட்கிறார்கள். அந்தக் காணியை இராணுவம் கைப்பற்றி தற்போது அங்கே நிலைகொண்டிருக்கிறது. இந்த காணிப்பிரதேசத்திற்கு பல உரிமையாளர்கள் இருந்தபோதிலும், எவரிடம் காணி உரிமைப் பத்திரங்கள் கிடையாது. பலரும் உரிமை கோருகின்றனர்'
 என்றார் இராணுவப் பேச்சாளர்.

சட்டப்படியான ஆவணங்கள் மூலம் உரிமை உறுதிப்படுத்தப்பட்டுள்ள 108 ஏக்கர் காணிப் பிரதேசம் கடந்த நாட்களில் கிளிநொச்சிப் பிரதேச மக்களிடம் ஒப்படைக்கப்பட்டுள்ளதாகவும் அவர் கூறினார்.

Anti-Muslim Violence: Not Even The Most Basic Investigations Launched


Anti-Muslim Violence: Not Even The Most Basic Investigations Launched
July 4, 2014 COLOMBO_TELEGRAPH

It has been revealed that not even the most basic investigations have been launched to determine the cause of the fires that resulted in extensive property damages in Southern Sri Lanka following the anti-Muslim violence that erupted in several coastal towns, further proving the Rajapaksa regime’s apathy towards delivering justice to victimized families of the brutality.

Upul Jayasuriya -BASL President

Reports have surfaced and they have been further concreted by a statement made by the Bar Association of Sri Lanka (BASL) on the fact that the Government Analyst has still not been summoned to the areas affected by the brutal anti-Muslim clashes, to investigate the cause of the fire though it has been over two weeks since the incident.

Making matters worse, Colombo Telegraph has been told that the rapid reconstruction operations that were underway by the military are in fact a clever disguise deployed by the government to bury evidence in the absence of a proper investigation on what caused the fire that caused heavy damages to properties in the area.

The BASL meanwhile has filed an application requesting the Government Analyst testing on the incident and in response the Kaluthara Magistrate has ordered the suspension of debris clearance while ordering the Police to summon the GA to the affected areas. However, the suspension order has been limited to the Welipitiya area where three individuals died succumbing to fatal injuries inflicted by anti-Muslim rioters.

Furthermore, following doubts expressed by Justice Minister Rauff Hakeem on the authenticity of the post-mortem reports of two victims who had been shot to death – but whose cause of death in the reports had been noted as cut injuries as reported by Colombo Telegraph – the Judicial Medical Officer (JMO) who submitted the reports have been summoned to Courts.

The BASL has also sought a court order to exhume the bodies of the victims but the ruling on the order is to be delivered only following the statement obtained by the JMO that has been scheduled for tomorrow.

Fifa World Cup 2014: Algeria National Team Donates £5m Prize Money to Gaza


Algeria's players pose for their team photo before their 2014 World Cup round of 16 game against Germany at the Beira Rio stadium in Porto Alegre.Reuters

Fifa World Cup 2014: Algeria National Team Donates £5m Prize Money to Gaza

Algeria will donate their £5.25m ($9m) Brazil World Cup second round prize money to the people of Gaza, according to striker Islam Slimani.

The North African side won a new legion of fans after their heroic Group H performances earned them a Second Round tie against Germany.

Slimani, a striker for Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon, announced that the entire squad will donate their hefty prize money to the occupied territory because "they need it more than us", according to a report in the Daily Mail.

The Gaza Strip is a narrow territory occupied by Israel currently under a land, sea and air blockade. Humanitarian conditions have continued to deteriorate rapidly because of the blockade, according to the United Nations and aid agencies.

The Algeria team returned to the capital of Algiers for an open-top parade through the city centre after reaching the Second Round of the global tournament for the first time in their history.

The selfless act contrasts with that of incidents involving the Ghana, Cameroon and Nigeria squads.

The Ghana squad demanded their appearance fees before their must-win clash against Portugal, leading the Ghanaian government to charter a flight to fly out the £1.8m ($3m) worth of fees to Brazil.

"The players insisted that they will want physical cash. Government had to mobilise the money and a chartered flight to Brazil. The money is in excess of $3 million (£1.8 million)," said Ghana's Deputy Sports Minister Joseph Yamin.

The Cameroonian World Cup squad refused to board their flight to Brazil after a dispute over bonus payments. The team eventually flew to the tournament a day late after striking a deal with the nation's football authority following an emergency meeting.

Nigerian's World Cup stars went one step further when they boycotted a training session over fears that they would not receive their bonus money after the tournament.

The financial impasse caused Nigerian President Jonathan Goodluck to intervene and reassure the squad that they would be paid any money owed to them.

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

China Bans Ramadan in some 'autonomy' muslim regions!

China Bans Ramadan: Uyghur Muslims Punished for Fasting in Holy Month
Ludovica Iaccino By Ludovica Iaccino
July 2, 2014 10:10 BST

Uighur men wait for the beginning of Friday prayers inside Altyn Mosque in Yarkand, in the region of Xinjiang

Reuters

The Chinese government has banned Muslims in the Xinjiang region from celebrating Ramadan, the month of fasting.

Dilxadi Rexiti, a spokesman for the exiled World Uyghur Congress (WUC), which promotes democracy, human rights and freedom for the Uyghur people, said authorities encouraged Uyghur to eat free meals, and inspected homes to check whether families were observing the fast.

According to the South China Morning Post, the commercial affairs bureau of Turfan city said on its website that "civil servants and students cannot take part in fasting and other religious activities".

The state-run Bozhou Radio and TV University warned the ban would also be enforced "on party members, teachers, and young people from taking part in Ramadan activities.

"We remind everyone that they are not permitted to observe a Ramadan fast," it added. Xinjiang, also as known as East Turkestan, is an autonomous region in North-Western China, which is inhabited by the Uyghur, a Muslim minority who demand total independence from Beijing. There are about 10.2 million Uyghurs in Xinjiang, according to a China's 2000 census ( the latest available). 

"China taking these kind of coercive measures, restricting the faith of Uyghur, will create more conflict," said Mr Rexiti. "We call on China to ensure religious freedom for Uyghur and stop political repression of Ramadan."

Uyghur have often been subjected to religious discrimination by the Chinese government.

China accuses Uyghur militants of waging a violent campaign for an independent state; however, Beijing is often accused of exaggerating Uyghur's extremism to justify its religious crackdown on the Muslim minority.

Violent clashes between Uyghurs and Chinese people often occur. In July 2009 violent conflicts between the Han Chinese and the Uyghur erupted, killing nearly 200 people in Xinjiang's capital Urumqi.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/china-bans-ramadan-uyghur-muslims-punished-fasting-holy-month-1454968

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Fort Mosque Receives Threatening Letter

Fort Mosque Receives Threatening Letter With Raw Pieces Of Pork

Tuesday, 01 July 2014 17:39

 Fort Mosque Receives Threatening Letter With Raw Pieces Of Pork
A mosque in Colombo Fort received a threatening letter on Saturday with raw pieces of pork
ordering the Mosque authorities to halt the reconstruction of the mosque.

A priest attached to the  Mosque who was present at the time had opened the threatening letter.

Eye witnesses said he was disturbed after seeing the letter and the raw pieces of pork which
were sent to him by an unidentified person.

Hearing of this incident the local police authorities had visited the mosque, but it was learned that
the mosque authorities had not lodged a complaint with the police.

However, speaking to Tamil media the mosque authorities had expressed their utmost
displeasure and disappointment with this act.

ஈழப் படுகொலைப் பாசிச மோடியே திரும்பிப் போ!

  ஆனந்தபுரத்துக்கு திட்டம் வகுத்த ஈழப்படுகொலைப் பாசிச மோடியே  திரும்பிப் போ! சொல்லில் சோசலிசமும் செயலில் பாசிசமுமான, சமூக பாசிச அனுரா ஆட்சிய...